IPE-VISIONNAIRE BECOMES A BENEFIT COMPANY
IPE-VISIONNAIRE BECOMES A BENEFIT COMPANY
As of December 2021 Visionnaire, founded by the parent company IPE, has become a Benefit Company, defining its business approach by promoting positive and essential values within the community.
Benefit companies are for-profit organizations, but also have the objective by bringing shared benefits to the ecosystem in which they operate, guide and drive innovation through their activities. In its business practices, IPE-Visionnaire intends to pursue one or more positive effects – or reduce negative effects – in regard to people, communities, territories and environment, cultural and social assets and activities, institutions and associations, as well as other stakeholders. These factors are an important part of the company’s mission: the objectives of common benefits that are pursued inside business practices in an integrated way, inserted within the company’s Statute for alignment and in the medium and long term protect this corporate determination.
In 2012 IPE-Visionnaire created its own Code of Ethics, to promote a workplace based on respect, honesty and cooperation, with the involvement of employees and collaborators and aim of clearly defining the core values and responsibilities which IPE acknowledges, accepts, shares and embodies. With this perspective, the principles and values expressed within the Code of Ethics constitute an essential reference of interpretation in the concrete application of its corporate dynamics.
In 2019 Visionnaire published the art book “Decalogo”, a curatorial creation that contains the seeds of the future, together with deep roots of the company’s entrepreneurial past. This “decalogue” embodies ten fundamental values already indicating the promise of a programmatic pathway, an ethical commitment.
The company bases its activities on the value of knowledge and continued research on the concept of contemporary beauty, confirming its role as a creator of design projects and artifacts of the highest bespoke desirability, incentivizing and praising the work of local artisans operating in the Italian territory. Visionnaire also makes a rigorous, responsible commitment to the territory itself. The desire to protect and enhance natural heritage and human capital is developed through an awareness that highlights and orients the company’s own cultural vision, from the selection of materials to even the smallest operations of manufacturing workmanship essential in the production cycle. All is intended to confirm a precise and fundamental ethical position.
CEO of Visionnaire;
art director of Visionnaire.
“We are proud to have reached this important corporate goal, which represents the culmination of a long entrepreneurial pathway made of experience and the work ethic. We would like to dedicate this achievement to the founders of the company, Vittorio, Pompeo and Carlo Cavalli, and above all to our father Luigi Cavalli, who has transmitted expertise, a vision of the future and the love of our work. We would also like to thank our partners in the Ergon Capital and Altopartners funds, for having believed in this project that makes us pioneers of a profound transformation taking place in this sector, with the transition from luxury to meta-luxury”.
THE GOALS OF COMMON BENEFIT OF IPE-VISIONNAIRE
By virtue of its transformation as a Benefit Company, IPE-Visionnaire resolves, in the course of its business activities, to conserve a balance covering the following goals of common benefit, which have now been inserted in the company’s Statute:
- To improve the quality of life of people through creative research and the spread of beauty in all areas of life, assigning value to the skill, ingenuity and excellence of artisans, promoting innovation and the dissemination of art and culture;
- To conserve and develop a deep connection with the territory, protecting and enhancing its unique characteristics and pursuing opportunities for shared growth with the local business community, through the model of diffused manufacturing;
- To reduce negative environmental impact in the luxury furnishings sector, investing in research and development on sustainable materials and processes, and consolidating a business model that reduces waste, consumption and refuse to a minimum;
- Furthermore, the company makes a commitment to operate in a responsible, sustainable and transparent way in relation to all people, communities, territories and environmental contexts, cultural and social activities, institutions and associations, and other stakeholders.
THE B OF IPE-VISIONNAIRE: EXAMPLES OF IMPACT ON CORE ACTIVITIES, THE ITALIAN ECONOMIC FABRIC AND THE ENVIRONMENT
1. Quality and product innovation
- To design places of living that are made unique by a creative and productive process that guarantees maximum quality, thanks to the selection of artisans, suppliers and materials of the highest excellence, and the personalization of products and projects.
The innovation stems from activities of research on new opportunities and inspirations, the encounter with new artists and new cultures, as well as constant updating and experimentation.
- To assign value to the know-how, ingenuity and excellence of Italian artisans, thanks to their involvement in creative projects, experimentation with new techniques of production and decoration open to hybridization, and the protection of traditional forms of craftsmanship that run the risk of being lost.
- To promote and spread a cultural project within the sector, as a contribution to reflections on the role of art and creativity. This objective is pursued through the activities of the Wunderkammer located inside the showroom in Milan, the involvement of emerging designers in the creation of the collections, and the commitment to spread these concepts in lectures, conferences and talks, as well as published materials.
2. Support for the Italian entrepreneurial community
IPE-Visionnaire intends to confirm its commitment to support the business model of diffused manufacturing on the Italian territory, through:
- Confirmation of the choice not to delocalize
- Conservation of long-term relationships with suppliers
- Support for suppliers to enable investment in the application of industrial techniques capable of ensuring repeatable uniqueness, who through this expansion of their offerings can achieve better results of growth and sustainability over time.
IPE-Visionnaire makes a commitment to measure and improve its own social and environmental performance, reducing the total impact of its activities. The focus on the environment is reflected in the entire production cycle, and takes concrete form in:
- The development of sustainable collections thanks to research on alternative materials and the evolution of processes;
- Concentration on the long life of products, through the choice of materials, production processes or services, including post-sale assistance for repairs or restoration;
- The production of articles by request or in limited quantities, and the development of a catalogue market that reduces unsold goods and encourages purchases in the showrooms of greatest proximity;
- Furthermore, IPE-Visionnaire intends to contribute to the spread of key concepts of sustainability, through active participation in important capacities inside panels that promote sustainability and sector associations.