Cookies are short fragments of text (letters and/or numbers), which enable the web server to store information on the client (the browser) to be re-used during the course of the same visit to the site (session cookies) or at a later stage, even after several days (persistent cookies). The cookies are stored, according to the user’s preferences, by a single browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, Smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as web beacons, transparent GIFs and all the forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information regarding the user’s behaviour and his use of the service.
Later in this document we will be referring to cookies and to all similar technologies by simply using the term “cookie”.
Types of cookies
- Cookies which are strictly necessary. These are indispensable cookies for the visionnaire-home.com website to function correctly and are used to manage the login and access to reserved site functions. The duration of the cookies is strictly limited to the work session (once the browser is closed, they are erased).
- Analysis and performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyse the traffic and use of the website in an anonymous form. Although these cookies do not identify the user, they allow us to detect whether the same user re-connects at different times. Furthermore, they also enable the system to be monitored and the performance and usability to be improved. If you disable these cookies, no functions will be lost.
- Profiling cookies. These are permanent cookies used to identify (in an anonymous form or not) the user’s preferences and to improve his browsing experience. The visionnaire-home.com website does not use this type of cookie.
Third party cookies
When you visit a website, you can receive cookies both from the website you have visited (“owners”) and from sites managed by other organisations (“third parties”). A well-known example is the presence of “social plug-ins” for Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. They are parts of the page you have visited, generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host website. The most common use of social plug-ins aims to share contents on the social networks.
The presence of these plug-ins involves the transmission of cookies from and to all the sites run by third parties. The handling of information collected by “third parties” is disciplined by the relevant information sheets we kindly request you to read. To guarantee greater transparency and convenience we are providing you below with the web addresses of the various information sheets on the handling of cookies.
- Twitter information sheet: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- LinkedIn information sheet: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- YouTube: http://www.google.it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/cookie_policy
The visionnaire-home.com website also includes some components transmitted by Google Analytics, a service to analyse the web traffic provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). These are also third party cookies, collected and handled anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookies).
Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyse in an anonymous form the information on the ways the visionnaire-home.com website (including the user’s IP address) is used. Google Analytics collects this information and processes it to draw up a report for the visionnaire-home.com operators on the activities on the websites. This site does not use (and does not allow third parties to use) the Google analysis tool to monitor or collect personal identification data. Google does not associate the IP address with any other data in its possession, nor does it try to connect an IP address with the user’s identity. Google can also communicate this information to third parties, when enforced to do so by law, or when such third parties process the aforementioned information on behalf of Google.
For further information, please use the link below:
The user can choose to disable the action of Google Analytics by installing the opt-out component provided by Google on his own browser. To disable the action by Google Analytics, please use the link below:
Duration of the cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the logout command is given. Other cookies “survive” the closing of the browser and are also available in subsequent visits by the user. These are the so-called persistent cookies and their duration is fixed by the server at the time they are created. In some cases, an expiry is set; in others their duration is unlimited.
visionnaire-home.com does not use persistent cookies. However, when you browse our pages, you may interact with sites run by third parties which can create or modify permanent or profiling cookies.
Handling of cookies
The user can decide whether or not to accept the cookies by using the settings on his browser.
Warning: if you completely or partially disable technical cookies, you may compromise the use of the site functions reserved for registered users. On the contrary, you can use the public contents even if you completely disable the cookies.
If you disable “third party” cookies, you will in no way prejudice your browsing.
The setting can be defined specifically for different sites and web applications. Furthermore, the best browsers allow you to use different settings for “owners” cookies and for those of “third parties”.
As an example, in Firefox, you can access a control panel via the menu Tools>Options>Privacy, where you can decide whether or not to accept the various types of cookies and proceed to remove them.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=i
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT